Thursday, July 16, 2009

Settling down

LOOK, Aunt Caitlyn can walk on water!


I havent updated in a few weeks. The "busy" part of the summer has finally passed, and things are ready to settle down. The past 3 weeks have been pretty intense, starting with my brother-in-law's wedding! George and Jaspa were married on June 29! Elizabeth, Chris, Reagan, and I attended the rehearsal dinner at Jaspa's parents home in New Braunfels. It was a lot of fun, the food was excellent, and it is obvious to see how Jaspa turned out so awesome! She will be a great addition to the mix of the Hickman/Wingfield family.


Chris and I actually had to miss the wedding to attend Scout Camp. Camp Karankawa is located at Lake Mathis. It would be an awesome winter camp location, but during the summer it is some kind of HOT! Over 100 every day. Needless to say it was the longest 6 day/5 night camp I have ever been to. Aside from the overwhelming heat it was a great camp. Chris worked on wilderness survival, rowing, and another merit badge that I can't remember. He also participated in COPE. Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience, included climbing and repelling a 45 foot wall. A leap of faith, that entails climbing a 30 foot pole and jumping off (while harnessed of course) and other adventure such as these. I am so proud of him, he did very well and did not allow his so called disability to stop him at all. I believe he gained a lot of self confidence from this super experience.


A week after Scout camp I was blessed to attend Youth Conference with Chris. It was very cool. Activities included workshops on choosing a career, preparing for a mission, managing your time, and developing traits of an eternal companion. There was also skits, a beach side dance on the island, and a sunrise devotional over looking the Corpus Christi Bay! All of this was concluded with a very spiritual testimony meeting.


As soon as conference was over we took off for San Antonio to visit with my family. We had some good barbeque courtesy of my brother Kadett. It was fun to visit and play games. The kids put on a program of several skits for us! And we got the chance to visit and get to know my sisters new husband Thomas. He seems like a great guy! I am very glad that my baby sister has found a good guy to settle down with, I think Thomas is going to be a great addition to our clan. Monday Liz, my sister Caitlyn, her new Husband Thomas, my dad and I took off for a few hours and headed to Lockhart for some lunch at Smitty's (the best barbeque in the state), followed by a shopping to trip to Cabelas in Buda. Tuesday Liz, dad and myself took in a session at the temple. It was really nice to spend some time with them both, espescially Liz. It seems she is either working or midwifing so it was nice to spend a couple of solid days with her. Wednesday the clan all headed down here we took in a movie at the dollar cinema (12 people for less then $10!) and had a fun evening at the beach in Rockport! Thomas was pooped on by a seagull, and my nephew Lucion was stung in 4 places by a jelly fish, so I am sure they will be ready to come back soon...lol.


So as you can see life has been busy around these parts, but as everyone drove away last night, so did the busy portion of my summer. 5 more weeks till school ! It should be a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment