Monday, June 15, 2009

The Beach week 3

I know, I know our usual beach day is Wednesday, but we did it a little different this week. Several families from our ward got together this evening and headed out to Port Aransas! It was a lot of fun. The Port A, beaches face the Gulf of Mexico so the waves are rather large. It made for a good time, except it's a little nerve racking keeping an eye on the younger kids. It was also fun for the kids since they all had friends from church to play and visit with. It was a really fun evening and I wish we could do things like this more often.

I spent last THU and FRI helping with the cub scout day camp for Alex and Joey. It was fun, they did several crafts including making marshmallow shooters, and bottle rockets. They shot bb guns, worked on not tying and an assortment of other things. I think they had a good time, and earned several activity belt loops, and passed off some rank requirements. I have been working with them the past few weeks and they are doing really good. Alex has completed his weblos badge, and his Arrow of Light! So he is ready to move into Boy scouts even though his birthday is still 5 months away. Joseph is very close to earning his Wolf badge. I am trying to encourage them to work on all this, and to set a goal of earning their Eagle scout before their 16th birthday.

Saturday I accompanied Chris and the other young men/young women on a temple trip. It was really good to be there with them and see how awesome our youth group is. I am so glad to have the opportunity to work with the youth in any capacity. Well I am starting to fall asleep so I will close with that

No comments:

Post a Comment